Welcome to MarkUp.io! You’re probably here because you’ve been sent a MarkUp to review and want to get started. By the end of this video, you'll be dropping pins and leaving feedback in MarkUp.io like a pro!
MarkUp.io is a collaborative feedback tool that makes it easier to see what your team’s working on and to add your own feedback throughout the process!
You don’t need an account to use MarkUp.io. However, by adding your email address as a Guest, you’ll be able to receive notifications for any updates or new comments. If you do want to sign up as a free user, that’s possible too!
To get started, follow these steps:
- You will receive a link to collaborate on a MarkUp (either through email or a URL).
- Click ‘View MarkUp’ or click the URL to open the MarkUp.
- Want to sign up as a Guest user? Follow below. Want to sign up for MarkUp.io as a free user? Go straight to ‘step 4’.
- Enter your name and email address in the fields provided. This will not sign you up - it will just give you access to the MarkUp and allow email notifications to be sent when there’s an update!
- Click ‘continue as a Guest’.
- You’re in!
- Instructions for signing up for free
- Click which option you’d like to use to sign in - this can be your email address, Google account, or Microsoft Account.
- Once you click an option, it will prompt you to create an account.
- Once you’re in, you’ll be able to see the feedback comments that have been left on the MarkUp.
- Check out the comment panel on the left-hand side to see any comments you can review.
- If there are a few - you can filter the comments by Mentions. Now, if the people you are collaborating with have tagged you specifically, you can see it right away!
- The numbers represent MarkUp pins. When someone leaves a comment, it drops a numbered pin at the exact place they are leaving feedback.
- Click on the number in the comment panel to show where the pin has been dropped.
- At this point, you can do one of two things: either resolve the feedback (if no further action is needed) or reply to that comment.
- To resolve a comment, navigate back to the comment panel and hover/click on the comment. This will bring up the green ‘Resolve’ button, which you can click to move the comment to the Resolved tab.
- To reply to a comment, click on the comment in the side panel and start typing in the ‘add a reply’ section. You can also tag specific team members by using the @ symbol.
- Once you have reviewed the feedback left for you, it's time to check out the MarkUp and see if there are any feedback comments you would like to leave.
- To browse around the content, click on the ‘Browse’ button in the bottom-middle of the screen. Now you can navigate around the content without leaving any pinned comments.
- Once you have found a spot you would like to leave a comment - toggle the ‘Comment’ button back on.
- Now you have the ability to leave pins. Click on the content where you’d like to drop a pin, type your feedback, and click ‘Post’.
- If you accidentally dropped the pin in the wrong place, don’t worry - the pins are movable. Just click and drag the pin to the right spot!
Once you’ve left all your comments, your collaborators will get an email notification, so they know it’s time to jump back in and keep collaborating!
Want to know more about MarkUp.io and how you can further streamline your feedback? Check out our Best Practices section!