Types of MarkUps
When you get to your MarkUp Dashboard, you will see a URL bar and file upload button that can be used to create two different types of MarkUps:
- You can create a URL-based MarkUp by entering any URL into the URL bar
- You can also create a file-based MarkUp by uploading any of the below file types from your computer’s library:
- PDF, JPG, JPEG, SVG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PSD, AI, TXT, DOC, DOCX, DOCM, PPT, PPTX, PPTM, ODT, ODP, RTF, MP4, MPEG, AVI, WEBM, Apple ProRes, MKV, MXF, OGV, TS, 3GP, 3G2
It doesn’t matter if you’re working on a new website, landing page, sales collateral, or a new product: if it has a URL, you can place it into MarkUp.
When you upload your URL, MarkUp places a canvas over top of your site which allows you to place comments directly on your site and collaborate with others. For sites that require login access, we highly recommend using our Chrome Extension that allows for authenticated sites as well as improved load times and rendering.
Image, PDF, Video and Other File Types
In order to capture more of the creative process, MarkUp also allows you to upload any image, PDF or other types of files (listed above) from your computer’s library. You can create a MarkUp with unlimited images or a single PDF and you can also reorder pages, delete them, or add more to an existing MarkUp.
Creating MarkUps Using Chrome Extension
If you have installed the Chrome extension, you can create a new MarkUp by following these steps:
- Navigate to the URL of the site you would like to mark up
- Click the MarkUp Chrome extension icon in your browser
- Click Create MarkUp button